Her experience with birth includes management of: breech, twins, VBACs, and hemorrhage. She has dealt with placenta previa, placentaabruption, retained placenta, cord wraps, and velamentous insertion of the cord.
She is the sole midwife and founder of Tender Beginnings a teaching practice supplying services for middle Tennessee and has trained 5 midwives currently working in the same area.
Mary Anne has been active in the promotion of midwifery as a profession in the state to include working on Tennessee state legislation of midwives, serving on the Council of Certified Professional Midwives of the Tennessee Department of Health. She currently serves as the Consultant for the above mentioned council. She served on the board of the Tennessee Midwives Association to include 2 plus terms as the president. Mary Anne has organize or promoted educational opportunities for midwives in the area to include; An international MANAconference, B.E.S.T workshop, Newborn Metabolic Screening workshops, to name a few.
- CPM (Certified Professional Midwife)
- Adult CPR
- Neonatal Pulmonary Resuscitation
- EMT-IV (Emergency Medical Technician – Advanced IV Therapy)Tennessee State Issued license
- CPM-TN Tennessee State-Issued Certification
- RN (Registered Nurse) Tennessee State Issued license